Penalty for Illegal Marijuana Possession if Police Stop Me?
Is there a Penalty for Illegal Marijuana Possession?
Knowing if there is a penalty for illegal marijuana possession and how much a patient can possess is important to know. Possession of marijuana without 'legal enrollment' on the Medical Marijuana Use Registry may carry the following punishments:
Possession of Marijuana
- Under 20 grams: 1st degree misdemeanor; up to 1 year jail , fine
- Over 20 grams to 25 lbs or under 300 plants: up to 5 years jail, fine
- In excess of 25 lbs. is trafficking (1st degree felony - up to thirty years in prison, thirty years in probation, and a $10,000 fine)
- 3rd degree felony - up to five years in prison, five years in probation, and a $5,000 fine
- less than 20 g. - 1st degree misdemeanor
- Subsequent offense: 15 yrs.
- 25-2000 lbs.: mandatory $25,000 and 3 yrs.;
- 2000-10,000 lbs.: mandatory $50,000 and 7 yrs.;
- Over 10,000 lbs.: 15 yrs. and mandatory $200,000
For more information, see our related page “FAQ Legal Disclaimer”, and to learn more marijuana facts, visit our medical marijuana FAQ page. Call us at (786) 953-6838 to schedule an appointment and get your weed card today!
9 thoughts on “Is there a Penalty for Illegal Marijuana Possession?”
Comments are closed.