The Med Card Application Explained
You gathered the nerve to make an appointment for your med card evaluation. Now the KindHealth doctor has found you eligible and approved you to be entered into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry. Now that you are registered and have likely received an introductory email from the state. From this point, KindHealth has created a shortlist of things to expect depending on the stage of the process you find yourself.
Stage 1 - Incomplete Profile
- Log into your State profile and change your temporary password.
- Assure your information is correct.
- Take a picture of your ID and load it into the profile.
- Review your profile for accuracy.
- Complete your profile by signing it.
- Pay $75 to State online.
- The state sends you a reply email confirming your payment.
- This email date estimates the start of your waiting period for State approval.
Stage 2 - Waiting Period of 7-14 days
Once you have paid, the Florida Department of Health reviews your application. Approved patients receive an email after 10 business days for processing time. Our experience has been that it usually takes 5-7 days for the State to process your payment, and an additional 5-7 days after their process date for them to send your email approval. If you have not received your approval email by then, first check your email spam folder. If you still can not find it, call KindHealth at (786) 953-6838.
Stage 3 - Approval Email
- Congratulations, you are approved!
- Print the approval email and take it to the dispensary as your temporary card.
- The state issues your actual ID card through the mail.
Stage 4 - Re-certification
- The doctor can only prescribe 70 days worth of medicine at each time.
- KindHealth arranges for two refills automatically and does not require an extra visit or fee.
- The Registry does require a 'face-to-face' visit with the doctor every seven months (three 70-day periods).
- We send reminder emails in approximately six months regarding your 7-month re-certification visit.
- Your marijuana card is good for one year, and you must renew it annually.
Carry Amount Limits
- Patients with a med card may legally obtain medical cannabis provided by state-licensed dispensaries.
- Patients can get up to three 70-day supply limits of marijuana.
- You are permitted to purchase up to 2.5 oz of cannabis each month, however; 4 oz is the total overall carry limit.
- Patients are permitted to possess up to four oz of cannabis flower if “the benefits of smoking marijuana for medical use outweigh the risks...”
Office of Medical Marijuana Use (OMMU) 800-808-9580 M-F, 8 am - 6 pm, EST
Dispensaries - For your convenience, we answer your question, "where are the Florida medical marijuana dispensary locations near me?"
- Trulieve* 4020 NW 26th St. (786) 600-3887
- Fluent (Knox) 82 NE 26th St. (888) 441-5669 (open in June)
- Curaleaf Miami Airport. 5400 NW 72nd Ave. (786) 605-0844
- Curaleaf - 16685 NW 2nd Ave. (786) 605-0830
- Trulieve* - 18350 NW 47th Ave. (786) 632-1516
- Trulieve* - 9600 SW 77th Ave. (305) 768-1535
- Surterra - 1523 Alton Road. (786) 353-0636
Call KindHealth at (786) 953-6838 for any questions.
* Trulieve - https://www.trulieve.com/dispensaries/miami-fl