The Med Card Application Explained
You gathered the nerve to make an appointment for your med card evaluation. Now the KindHealth doctor has found you eligible, and approved you for entry onto the Marijuana Use Registry. Now that you are registered and have likely received an introductory email from the state. From this point, KindHealth has created a short list of things to expect depending on the stage of the process you are at.
Stage 1 - Incomplete Profile
- Log into your State profile and change your temporary password.
- Assure your information is correct.
- Take a picture of your ID and load it into the profile.
- Review your profile for accuracy.
- Complete your profile by signing it.
- Pay $75 to State online.
- State sends you a reply email confirming your payment.
- This email date estimates the start of your waiting period for State approval.
Stage 2 - Waiting Period of 7-14 days
Our experience has been that it usually takes 5-7 days for the State to process your payment. It may take another 5-7 days after their process date for them to send your email approval. If you have not received your approval email by then, first check your email spam folder. If you still can not find it, call KindHealth at (786) 953-6838.
Stage 3 - Approval Email
- Congratulations, you are approved!
- Print the approval email and take to the dispensary as your temporary card.
- Your regular card will come through the mail.
Stage 4 - Re-certification
- The doctor can only prescribe 70 days worth of medicine at each time.
- KindHealth arranges for two refills automatically and does not require an extra visit or fee.
- The Registry does require a 'face-to-face' visit with the doctor every 7 months (three 70-day periods).
- We send reminder emails in approximately 6 months regarding your 7-month re-certification visit.
- Your marijuana card is good for 1 year and must be renewed annually.
Carry Amount Limits
- Patients with a med card may legally obtain medical cannabis provided by state licensed dispensaries.
- Patients can get up to three 70-day supply limits of marijuana.
- Patients are permitted up to 2.5 oz of cannabis each month, however; 4 oz is the overall limit.
- Patients are permitted to possess up to four oz of cannabis flower if “the benefits of smoking marijuana for medical use outweigh the risks...”
Office of Medical Marijuana Use (OMMU) 800-808-9580 M-F, 8 am - 6 pm, EST
- Curaleaf - 16685 NW 2nd Ave. (786) 605-0830
- Trulieve - 18350 NW 47th Ave. (786) 632-1516
- Trulieve - 9600 SW 77th Ave. (305) 768-1535
- Surterra - 1523 Alton Road. (786) 353-0636
Call KindHealth at (786) 953-6838 for any questions.