HOW TO GET A FLORIDA MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD
At KindHealth, we believe that anyone who needs a card should get a card. In order to qualify, you must be a Florida resident and at least 18 years of age. Patients in Florida diagnosed with one of the following “debilitating medical conditions”, are afforded legal protection under the Florida Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative, as per Amendment 2. The physician will then have to diagnose a patient with a qualifying medical condition:
• Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus
• Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
• Crohn’s disease
• Parkinson’s disease
• Multiple sclerosis
• Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those listed above
• A terminal condition diagnosed by a qualifying physician and confirmed by a second physician
• Chronic nonmalignant pain – pain caused by a qualifying medical condition, or that originates from a qualifying medical condition above and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition.
The 2016 amendment to Florida’s Compassionate Care Act legalizes medical marijuana with Florida's Office of Medical Marijuana Use. This allows specialized KindHealth compassionate use physicians to certify qualifying patients with debilitating conditions for the Medical Marijuana Use registry.
Call us today and schedule an appointment (786) 953-6838.