Where and How to Get a Miami Medical Marijuana Card
If you have a chronic condition such as chronic pain, find an mmj doctor for a medical weed card. If you are looking to find a doctor to get a new card or quickly recertify your old medical card, call KindHealth in Shorecrest now! We have the best medical marijuana doctors and welcome local South Floridians to our new clinic. Our certified physicians promote all-natural, holistic medicine. We offer same-day doctor's approval to say nothing of having the best prices in Miami. In addition to medical marijuana evaluations for your mmj card, we perform emotional support animal evaluations.
KindHealth conveniently relocated to 649 NE 79th Street, Miami, Fl 33138 on the east side of the reinvigorated 79th Street Causeway. We are just minutes from I-95 and steps from the retro-modern MiMo Biscayne Corridor nearby. The MiMo District legacy surrounds us with a new-age architectural twist.
With years of combined experience in the medical cannabis industry, our compassionate physicians give you quick and painless access to Florida med cards. When you are finally ready to get proactive with your health and wellness, visit us at our new location for a medical cannabis card (MMJ, MMID, or Registry Identification Card) today.
Meet Tom. He got his card from KindHealth.
Why Choose KindHealth for a Medical Card in Florida?
Since the beginning, KindHealth commits to maximizing your experience from the moment you walk through the door to the second you leave, every time. Whether you’re visiting our cannabis clinic for the first time or you need a follow-up medical card evaluation, KindHealth ensures the fulfillment of your health and wellness goals. In brief, KindHealth promises:
- Well-informed and courteous staff and medical cannabis physicians.
- Easily accessible for patients with disabilities and wheelchairs.
- A comprehensive and efficient med card consultation and recommendation.
- Lowest priced medical card evaluations and renewals in Miami
- Full 210-day prescription refills, no added cost
- Assistance with state-issued medical card applications
- Conveniently located on NE 79th Street in the Upper Eastside
- Practitioners of alternative medicine and getting back to what’s natural.
Florida Medical Card FAQs
What is a medical card?
Unlike states with recreational marijuana, the state of Florida requires a valid, state-issued medical card to use marijuana. What is more, you are required to have an active weed card to use or have medical cannabis in your possession legally. At present, if police catch you with marijuana, even if it is medical, not having a card with you particularly increases your chances of legal problems.
In beginning the process of how to get how to get medical card in Florida, you need to let our doctors register you to the Medical Marijuana Use Registry. Specifically, a doctor must recommend marijuana as an appropriate treatment option for you.
First, we review your medical history, wellness goals, and medical records, if you have any. Second, we focus on the status of your qualifying condition and determine your eligibility. Third, based on the evaluation of your medical conditions, our licensed, medical weed doctor completes your marijuana recommendation. Fourth, we order medical cannabis recommendations and enroll you in the Registry. Finally, we help you submit your patient application to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use (OMMU). After the state sends your med card approval notice, you are then able to purchase medical-grade marijuana.
How much does it cost to get a medical marijuana ID card?
The state charges a $75 medical card application fee (they accept credit cards online). But before you can submit your application and payment, you need a consultation and recommendation from a licensed Florida weed Dr. KindHealth Florida medical marijuana doctors is proud to offer the lowest prices in Miami to Florida residents. Accordingly, we only charge $189 for our medical card evaluations. Also, we do not charge any hidden charges or extra fees.
To put this into perspective, medical card consultations in Miami cost, on average, $250. So, you can save $65, give or take, by allowing us to help you obtain and maintain an active MMJ Florida weed card. What is more, we also provide full 210-day refills to our valued patients since Florida law only allows us to prescribe a 70-day supply of low-THC cannabis or medical marijuana at a time.
And if you’re a service member, vet, or connected with the military in any way, the KindHealth Florida Marijuana Doctors offers a $40 discount off the initial evaluation price. So, for military-connected patients, medical card recommendations at KindHealth Florida are just $149.
How long does it take to get a medical card in Florida?
KindHealth Florida Marijuana Doctors is committed to ensuring that you receive your med card as quickly as possible. But since MMJ Florida identification cards are issued and mailed to you by the state, processing times are primarily out of our hands. We aim to streamline your cannabis consultation visit, but the time it takes to receive your physical medical card in the mail is up to the state of Florida.
Currently, it takes, on average, two to four weeks for patients to receive their Florida medical card from the state.
Once you get a cannabis recommendation and patient ID number from a KindHealth Florida weed Dr, you then have to submit a medical card application to the Florida OMMU. We’re happy to help with this process which requires paying a $75 application processing fee and can take five business days to process.
It can take another five days for your medical card status to be approved and reflected on the state registry. The Florida OMMU will then send your physical medical card in the mail to your location. Once the patient gets their approval notice, they can visit any number of dispensaries (medical marijuana treatment centers) to purchase their cannabis.
Where is KindHealth Florida in Miami’s Upper Eastside?
Our new KindHealth Marijuana Doctors office locates in a walker’s paradise in Miami’s flourishing Upper Eastside community. We’re near hundreds of post-war, Miami modern showrooms, Mediterranean-style lodging, contemporary pop-up studios, eccentric art galleries, and emerging green spaces.
It’s a stroll to and from outdoor public spaces such as the planned Biscayne Green project. KindHealth Florida is also close to Miami Ironside, the mixed-used, sustainably-designed urban complex in Miami's Historic Palm Grove. There are Miami dispensary locations located nearby.
Here are some reference points to our new office location on 79th Street. KindHealth Florida Marijuana Doctors is:
- North of the Design District and Belle Meade neighborhood.
- South of El Portal and Miami Shores.
- West of Miami Beach and Shorecrest Miami Bay.
- We located one-half block East of Biscayne Boulevard in the Little River neighborhood.
Directions to KindHealth Florida from Miami Attractions
Click the links below to get directions to KindHealth Florida Marijuana Doctors:
- Less than a mile from New Yorker Boutique Hotel via Biscayne Blvd.
- Less than 2 miles from the Morningside Historic District via Biscayne Blvd.
- Fewer than 2 miles from Miami Shores via NE 96th St, NE 6th Ave and US-1 S/Biscayne Blvd.
- Two miles from Biscayne Bay via FL-934 W.
- Two miles from Little Haiti/Lemon City via N Miami Ave and NE 79th St.
- Just two miles from North Bay Village via FL-934 W.
- Three miles from Midtown and Miami Design District via Biscayne Blvd.
- Just over 3 miles from Edgewater via Biscayne Blvd.
- Four miles from West Little River via FL-934 E/NW 79th St.
- Four miles from Wynwood via Biscayne Blvd.
- Five miles from Bayside Marketplace and Bayside Historic District via Biscayne Blvd.
- Seven miles from Downtown and Brickell via I-95 N.
- Just over 8 miles from Miami Beach via I-195 W and Biscayne Blvd.
- Just over 8 miles from Little Havana via I-95 N.
- Less than 9 miles from Overtown via I-95 N.
- Ten miles from Miami International Airport (MIA) via FL-112 E.
- Just under 11 miles from South Beach via MacArthur Causeway and I-95 N.
- Eleven miles from Coconut Grove via I-95 N.
- It is located just seconds from The Anderson craft cocktail bar, North Beach Marina, MarineMax Miami boat dealer, Battubelin restaurant, and the MiMo Biscayne Association.
Parking & Alternative Transportation
- Drive to us. Our on-site, protected parking is available for free. Metered street parking can be also be found on 8th Street just east of Biscayne Boulevard, on NE 7th Street, as well as to the west of Biscayne just north of the CVS.
- Bus to us. Bus stops can be found nearby at NE 79 St and NE 7 Ave, Biscayne Blvd and NE 79 St, and at NE 79 St and Biscayne Blvd.
- Rideshare to us. Get dropped off using Uber, Lyft, and other local rideshares.
- Bike to us. Bikes racks are onsite at our at 649 NE 79th Street office location.
When is KindHealth Florida Open for Medical Card Evaluations?
|Monday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
Visit Us for a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida Today
You do not need to go to Los Angeles to get legal today. Our 420 doctor near Miami Shores will answer the question "where can i get my medical card near me?"
"Schedule your appointment online or give us a ring at (786) 953-6838. Our 420 doctors work with the medical marijuana program to get your Florida weed card recommendation. Our certified cannabis doctors will take care of the rest. Here is a list of Florida marijuana dispensaries.